Remember and practice these 5 tips and have a better holiday season!
1. You may be able to do everything, just not all at once. It’s OK to say “No” to things, even long-held traditions, especially if you’re prioritizing what is most meaningful to you. And it’s really OK to ask for help. (The more the merrier!)
2. You can learn to let other people have their reactions to things and not fall apart over it — by learning to be present with your own feelings and respond rather than react. (More on that in a minute.)
3. You absolutely have permission to be human and to make mistakes. (Santa said so.)
4. All feelings are real, but they’re not all true. (And you are not your feelings — stop giving the negative stuff so much power.)
5. You have the ability (or can learn) to meet yourself and others in the moment, without dragging your whole relationship history into it. (Leave the old hurts and resentments behind and come fresh to each holiday encounter.)
Take a few minutes each day to read over these tips and visualize yourself in situations where you might react. Choose your response ahead of time and affirm that you’ll stay internal calm and peaceful.
May you be filled with the joy of gratitude,